A downfall is a sudden drop in status or strength. You might be winning at Monopoly until your opponents decide to team up against you, which leads to your downfall. Poor political decisions can result in the downfall of a government or party, and an economic depression can lead to the downfall of businesses and banks.
What is a downfall in literature?
Definition of Tragic Flaw
Tragic flaw is a literary device that can be defined as a trait in a character leading to his downfall, and the character is often the hero of the literary piece. This trait could be the lack of self-knowledge, lack of judgment, and often it is hubris (pride).
What is another word for pro?
professional, pro(noun) an athlete who plays for pay. Synonyms: professional person, master, pro, professional.
What does the song Samson mean?
Get the Sheet Music License This Song ?
This song is all about love and told through the biblical story of Samson and Delilah, found in Judges 16. Samson had tremendous strength, but he lost it when Delilah had his head shaved. It shows the unconditional forgiveness you have for someone you love.
Similarly, how do you use downfall in a sentence?
- Rampant corruption brought about the downfall of the government.
- She was an unwilling participant in his downfall.
- An unfortunate conjunction of circumstances led to his downfall.
- His lack of experience had led to his downfall.
- The enemies are scheming her downfall.
How do you use estimate in a sentence?
estimate Sentence Examples
- The realtor’s estimate of the value of the property pleased her.
- Gerdien’s estimate of the convection current is for fine weather conditions.
- By one estimate in 1820, 70 percent of Americans farmed.
- It appears from the above estimate, that my food alone cost me in money about twenty-seven cents a week.
What is the opposite of a downfall?
Opposite of a person’s ruin or downfall. betterment. preferment.
Similarly, what does my biggest downfall mean?
A loss of wealth, rank, reputation, or happiness; ruin. b. A cause of ruin: I tried dieting, but cake was my downfall. 2. A fall of rain or snow, especially a heavy or unexpected one.
Beside above, what is the meaning of sweetest downfall? I understand it to be that the person fell in love with someone that wasn’t exactly good for them but even so they feel it was like the best mistake they made.
What does proud possessor mean?
(formal or humorous) ?a person who owns or has something synonym owner. He is now the proud possessor of a driving licence. She has that star quality that makes its possessor the focus of attention.