Pale means pale or without color. It’s often used with complexion to describe someone who has a pale face, either from a lack of sunshine or some sort of emotional distress.
So how do you use pale in a sentence?
- Although she is a redhead with very light skin, Maureen has tried in every possible way to add a touch of color to her pale complexion.
- His pale complexion is a clear indication that that he is spends all his time indoors.
What does the word pale also mean?
Having an unusually pale or sallow complexion: the pale face of the invalid. 2. Lack of color intensity or luminosity. 3. Lack of radiance or vitality; boring: pale prose.
What does ashen face mean here?
ashen face. Adjective. Someone with an ashen face looks very pale, especially because they are ill, shocked, or frightened. The survivors were ashen and visibly shaken.
Is it paler or paler?
The comparative form of pale; paler.
What does the name ash mean?
: made of, related to or made of ash wood. ashen. Adjective (2) Definition of ash gray (Entry 2 of 2) : ash-like (as in colour) especially : deathly pale an ashen and sunken face.
How do you use the word paradox in a sentence?
paradoxical example sentences
- Giving up this certainty can leave us with a skeptical paradox that is really depressing.
- The position approaches a paradox and is unlikely to be universally accepted.
- The paradox of science is that its success in understanding nature has created problems for its understanding of human nature.
How to use the word thoughtful in a sentence?
thoughtful sentence examples
- He was thoughtful for a moment.
- She looked thoughtful and shrugged.
- We were thoughtful as we tried to figure out what was going on.
- Xander spent another moment thinking awkward silence before getting up.
What does radiance mean?
Effulgence is brightness taken to the extreme. You may be blinded, stunned, or even overwhelmed by it. Shine is usually used to refer to the sun or another megastar, but can also be used more figuratively.
How do you use the word connotation in a sentence?
By the Using a word with negative connotation, Jenny’s graduation speech took on an awkward tone. To make her apology sound better, Alexandra used a word with a positive connotation. The word evil has such a negative connotation; You probably don’t want to use it when describing your sister-in-law.
Why does my face look GRAY?
A gray tint on the skin is also an indicator of restricted blood and oxygen flow. Causes of gray or pale skin pigmentation can be kidney disease or dysfunction, cancer causing blood loss, heart failure, or excess iron.
What does refulgence mean?
Definition of refulgence. : a radiant or shiny quality or state : brilliance.
How do you use stealth in a sentence?
stealth sentence examples
- He made a stealth recording with a hidden hand machine .
- She did the job in a clandestine, clandestine way.
- There was a lot of surreptitious advertising for the hidden cafe!
- I feel very clandestine when I walk around this place; It’s a very Catholic hospital.
Is ash gray a color?
Ash gray is a soft gray yellow greige with a green undertone. It’s a perfect color for any room or a lighter wall.
What does wintry mean?
win·tri·er, win·tri·est also winter·ter·i·er or winter ter i est. 1. Affiliation or characteristic of winter; cold. 2. Indicated by winter, as in cheerlessness or cold: a wintry reception.
What does suffusion mean?
Suffusion is when something slowly spreads into something else, like a feeling or a color. For example, flushing your girlfriend’s cheeks shows you that she’s embarrassed. The noun suffusion is useful to talk about the gradual saturation of a substance or hue.
What does it mean if your skin looks GRAY?
Pale or pale skin and grayish or Blue skin is the result of a lack of oxygenated blood. Your blood carries oxygen throughout your body, and when oxygen is disrupted, you see discoloration. The disruption can be blood flow itself, resulting in pallor or a gray tint to the skin.
Is Palid a word?
1. lack of color or brightness; wan: a pale complexion. 2. lack of strength; vapid: a pale performance.
What do you mean by pale?
Adjective. ashy; Gray. extremely pale; emptied of color; pale: His face was ashen. composed of ash.
How to use Proliferate in a sentence?
Proliferate in a sentence ?
- With the popularity of the Zumba craze, health clubs offering this exercise class have started to proliferate in most cities.
- After the monsoon rains, insects of all kinds begin to proliferate and you see people constantly hitting and clapping in the air.
What disease makes your skin GRAY?
Argyria or argyrosis is a condition that is caused by overexposure to chemical compounds of the element silver or silver dust. The most dramatic symptom of argyria is skin turning purple or purple-grey. It can take the form of generalized argyria or local argyria.
What does suffusion mean in Lord of the Flies?
Pale. In a kind of lack of interest or vitality. Flooding. The overdistribution of color.