- Secure several evenly spaced clear or white detachable hooks to the top of the mantel.
- Securely knot fishing wire around the garland to align with the hooks.
- Tie the other end of the fishing wire tightly around the hooks so the garland hangs drapedly in front of the mantel.
Note this as you would hang the garland around a mirror ?
The easiest way would be to stick the garland in and around the frame of the mirror, but you could also hammer small brads into the wall right next to the frame and wire the garland to the brads. After you’ve draped the garland, you can embellish it with lights, ribbons, or flowers.
Other than the above, what else can I use instead of garlands on a Christmas tree?
Yes, you can too Checkered ribbons can be used to garland your Christmas tree, as seen in this picture, especially if you choose a country or rustic theme for your decorations. The other ornaments like little mittens, little hats, little purses and little bottles look just as fun.
So how do you hang garlands on pillars?
Use fresh or fake garlands and wind it around the pillars. Starting at the top, hammer a small nail or cup hook onto the area facing the house to visually hide it. Wrap one end of the garland around the nail or hook to secure it. Wrap the garland around the pillars, leaving the pillar areas exposed.
How can I make a cheap garland look good?
How to make a cheap garland look expensive
- Clip lots of ~8-12″ pieces of fresh periwinkle (if you don’t have them on your property, I’m told you can usually get free trimmings from places that sell trees – they’ll give you what they get from the grounds cut )
- Pin your cheap garland where you want it (I used some floral wire to hang it on our railing)
Like do I make a real green garland?
- STEP 1: Cut a mix of fresh greens (cedar, pine, spruce, magnolia, etc.) and leave them in for at least 24 years Buckets of water drink hours.
- STEP 2: Flatten your artificial wire garland.
- STEP 3: Cut your greenery into pieces about 6″ long .
- STEP 4: Group 3 to 4 types of plants in a bouquet.
How much garland do I need for a staircase?
You will need at least five medium-size white or clear zip ties, garland, scissors, and ribbon. Measure your railing and choose between a 12ft or 20ft garland – you want more garland than the length of your railing. At one end, wrap a zip tie around the garland and railing at the base of the stairs.
Are you attaching lights or garlands to a tree first?
The frame is the “trunk” an artificial tree. To hide this, find a wide beaded garland or ribbon, tulle, tinsel, of a desired color, go around the tree and pin it against the frame to hide it. If you are installing lights on the tree yourself, install the lights on the tree first and then these.
How much does garland cost?
How much garland should I use? A rule of thumb is: at least nine (9) feet of garland per foot of tree, so a 7-foot Christmas tree will require sixty-three (63) feet of garland. We recommend buying more garlands to be on the safe side. If you have some left over, you can always use it on the mantel or in wreaths.
How much does a garland cost per footrail?
Measure the linear feet of fence, porch, railings etc. If you want garland (see image) multiply the linear feet of the fence by 1.2 (i.e. 50ft fence x 1.2 = 60ft garland if you want more garland or want to dip into garland use You 1.5 as your constant ).
How to hang a garland on a door without nails?
Hang a garland without damaging the door. Use detachable adhesive hooks to hang the garland without leaving a trace. Attach adhesive hooks about 12 inches apart around the frame of the door.
How to hang a garland around a door?
For an easy, foolproof option, attach a garland hanger to each Door frames – indoors or out – and just drape your greenery over them. Because they’re adjustable, they can be moved from door to door (or door to window) for years to come.
How to hang a garland on a curtain rod?
Drape Thread some garland cords over the curtain rod and tape them to the back of the rod. For the finishing touch, wire elegant glass baubles to the garland ends and top the baubles with greenery.
Where do you hang Christmas garlands?
The mantel is one of the more traditional areas to have garlands above the Can be draped at the top and hung down the sides. Garlands hung above the front door entrance can offer a warm decorative greeting to guests. When trimming the door, don’t forget to add something on the windows.
How does a real garland last?
This is how live garlands stay fresh
- Keep them until Store in a cool place to use.
- Use an anti-desiccant spray to seal in moisture.
- Spray the garland with water every 2-3 days to keep it dry to prolong life.
- Keep them away from sunlight and heat sources if possible.