What are some tips for vulvar care?
- Use warm water to wash the vulva.
- The vagina cleanses itself naturally in the form of normal, vaginal discharge.
- Wear only white, 100 percent cotton underwear.
- Avoid wearing thongs.
- Rinse underclothes carefully after washing or double-rinse.
- Wash new underclothes before wearing.
Why is my private area dark?
Vaginal skin is sensitive and prone to rashes, allergy and dark spots. Dark skin in our intimate area is something most of us struggle with at some point of time in our lives. Dark skin is often attributed to bad eating habits, smoking,hair removing creams, tight clothes, skin infections, heredity, aging and obesity.
Why do vaginas smell?
Normal sweating also can cause a vaginal odor. Bacterial vaginosis — an overgrowth of normally occurring vaginal bacteria — is the most common vaginal infection that causes a vaginal odor. Trichomoniasis — a sexually transmitted infection — also can lead to vaginal odor.
How can I keep myself down there all day?
Read on for some helpful tips.
- Keep the vagina clean and dry. Cotton is breathable, making it an ideal fabric selection for underwear.
- Don’t douche. Your vagina knows how to take care of itself.
- Eat right. Maintaining a healthy diet can do your body and your vagina good.
- Use fresh towels.
- Practice safe sex.
- Stay clean.
What can I do instead of douching?
Alternatives to douching
The easiest way is by washing with water when bathing or showering. A non-fragranced wash can be used, or one designed for vaginal use that will not upset the natural pH balance of the vagina.
Consequently, how do you keep your VAG smelling good?
The following techniques may help you naturally eliminate unusual vaginal odors:
- Practice good hygiene. Clean the outside of your vagina regularly with a washcloth and mild soap.
- Use only exterior deodorizing products.
- Change your underwear.
- Consider a pH product.
- Try essential oils.
- Soak in vinegar.
- Prescription treatments.
Keeping this in view, how do you take care of down there?
How to help your ‘down there’ area look after itself
- Wear cotton underwear rather than synthetic, and wear pantyhose for as short a time as possible.
- Change pads and tampons regularly (at least every three to four hours)
- Avoid wearing pads or panty liners regularly as these increase your risk of vaginal irritation.
Furthermore, how do girls clean their private area? How to Wash A Baby Girl’s Genitals
- Use a mild soap or plain warm water while bathing.
- Wash from front to back and from in to out.
- Surface cleaning is fine.
- Expect some discharge and even blood in the first two weeks.
- Care for irritation from potty training by using an Epsom salt bath soak, twice a day for a few days.