How to Make/Decorate a Storage Box with Fabric – YouTube
- Cut the flaps off of your box. [00:20]
- Measure the fabric. [00:51]
- Start gluing the fabric on. [01:51]
- Fold under for a flawless seam. [02:43]
- Cut at the 4 corners. [03:15]
- Measure the box around. [05:16]
- Measure the sides of the box. [06:22]
- Mark them on the fabric. [06:51]
What do you use decorative boxes for?
Cabintets : Inside the cabinet, for storing hair pins, cotton swabs, cotton balls or pill bottles, decorative boxes are a luxurious way in the bedroom, for instance, try using decorative boxes for potpourri holders, cosmetic brush holders, sewing supply holders, or even for manicure tool storage and small shadow box
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is Mod Podge?
Mod Podge is one of the most well known craft supplies in existence (you might recognize it from its retro label). But if you aren’t familiar with Mod Podge, it’s a decoupage medium — an all-in-one glue, sealer and finish used to attach paper and fabric to various surfaces.
How do you decorate a box with wrapping paper?
Directions To Wrap A Box
- Step 1: Lay the lid on the paper and cut the paper.
- Step 2: Fold the long sides up and over the lid.
- Step 3: Take the end sections and fold just like wrapping a regular box: 1.
- Step 4: Tape the first folds to the inside lip of the lid.
Similarly, how do you Modge podge fabric to cardboard?
Flip one of your sides up and apply a layer of mod podge as shown. Gently lay that flap onto the fabric and paint a small bit of mod podge around the interior edges. Smooth the fabric against the cardboard and pull it up and over onto the interior of the cardboard.
How do you wrap a present with fabric?
First, cut a square of fabric 4 times the size of the box you are wrapping. Position the box in the center of the underside of the fabric (see video). Next, fold the corner of the fabric over so that it touches the other length of the box. Fold the opposite corner over the box, folding under any extra bits of fabric.
Likewise, how do you wrap an open box?
Fold down the top edge about an inch or so. Apply the adhesive tape on the wrapping paper on all the edges and across the top. Wrap it up over the box and tuck the flap inside the box. Repeat this process for all 4 sides.
Can you glue fabric to cardboard?
Elmer’s white school glue. Just thin it a bit with some water, and paint it on evenly with a wide paint brush. Spray adhesive is good because it will not soak through the fabric. If you need something to hold down the corners you can use double sided tape.
How do you cover a box spring with fabric?
No-Sew Upholstered Box Spring
- Take your mattress off your bed.
- Cut out squares for the corners of your box spring.
- Use a staple gun and staple the fabric to the bottom of the box spring on the corner leaving plenty of fabric to cover the top of the corner.
- Now, you are going to cut rectangles to cover the sides of your box spring.