Patio Magic. Patio Magic manufactured by Brinton Products is a concentrated, long-lasting, biodegradable, and anti-bacterial formula that works to kill weeds, algae, moss, and lichens. It is also marketed as an antiviral, disinfectant, fungicide/algaecide, and detergent.
How do you clean patio slabs naturally?
How to clean your patio with bleach
- Step 1: Mix the bleach with water. First, mix the bleach with water in a five-parts-water-to-one-part-bleach ratio.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture on your paving slabs.
- Step 3: Start brushing and then leave for 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Rinse.
Likewise, does patio magic damage plants?
A limited amount of run off into soil will not normally cause any damage to plants, and the product will naturally biodegrade over a period. If a lot of the product, or diluted product, has run off into a patch of soil, then you can flood the area with water from your hose. When is the best time to apply Patio Magic?
How do you use a brintons patio magic?
Patio Magic! is quick and easy to use without the need for hard work. Just dilute the concentrate in a watering can or low-pressure garden sprayer and thoroughly wet the affected surface, then simply leave it to dry. Patio Magic! does the hard work without the need for acids, bleach or scrubbing.
How do you make patio slabs look new?
Give a tired patio or paving slabs a makeover
- Make sure your patio or slabs are clean and dry. That means, removing moss, algae and grease.
- To remove moss and algae, sweep the patio with a stiff broom. If there’s thick coverage, we suggest using a fungicide.
- To remove grease, use our Oil & Grease Remover.
What kills moss on patio?
How to Kill Patio Fungus and Moss
- Make a bleach and water solution. Add one part chlorine bleach and 10 parts water into a bucket.
- Scrub the patio vigorously with a stiff scrub brush to remove the moss and fungus. Rinse well with water.
- Mix 2 gallons warm water and ½ cup of washing soda if any moss or fungus remain.
How do you stop moss from growing between pavers?
Spray the pavers with a solution of equal parts water and chlorine bleach annually to help prevent the moss from returning right away. Test the solution in a small area first to make sure it does not discolor the stone. Wet the stones for 30 seconds. Rinse the bleach solution from the stones with clean water.
Will patio cleaner kill plants?
Most homeowners have an outdoor patio. You should be especially cautious about being environmentally friendly if a cleaner can run off your patio into your garden or plants. An environmentally safe cleaner won’t kill the plants in your garden or damage the soil underneath.
Does Jeyes fluid clean patios?
Jeyes Fluid is universally acknowledged to be one of the most flexible commodities available to everyone involved in horticulture. Jeyes fluid is also used to disinfect tarmac, hard surfaces, patios and driveways supporting mould and algae, and is great in combination with a pressure washer.
Is Patio Magic any good?
Patio Magic does take a few days to work and works better when thick growths of organic matter are scraped before spraying. One treatment is usually enough to have a weed-free surface. Patio Magic has received over five-hundred 5 star reviews!
How do I keep my paving slabs from turning green?
Three DIY solutions for removing green deposits
- A high-pressure cleaner. Especially during spring and summer, many people choose a high-pressure cleaner for cleaning paving slabs.
- Chlorine or white vinegar. An often used patio cleaning solution is chlorine or white vinegar.
- Mixture of soft soap, soda and hot water.
What kills moss naturally?
- Mix together 4 cups of vinegar, a 1/4 cup of salt and 2 tsp. dish soap.
- Pour mixture into a plant sprayer or spray bottle.
- Saturate the moss with the mixture. Let the mixture sit and then remove the moss.
What is the most effective patio cleaner?
The best patio cleaners
- Ultima-Plus XP Green Mould & Algae Remover. Best patio cleaner you can buy: a little goes a long way with this amazing patio cleaner.
- Jarder Spray & Leave Cleaner.
- Wet & Forget – Moss Mould Lichen & Algae Remover.
- Patio Magic!
- Pro-Kleen 5 Litres.
- Algon Organic Path and Patio Cleaner Concentrate.
Additionally, what is the active ingredient in patio magic?
Active ingredient in Wet and Forget is 9.9% N-Dodecyl/tetradecyl-N,dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride. Patio Magic has <10% Benzalkonium chloride so could be weaker (datasheet only says less than 10%) but I think it is actually 7.5% strength.
What’s the best thing to kill moss?
Ways to Kill Moss on Your Lawn
- For small patches, mix in a garden hand sprayer 2 ounces of dish soap and 1 gallon of water.
- Spray the mixture on the patches of moss.
- The patches of moss will turn orange or brown in 24 hours and eventually dry up.
- After raking up the dead moss, take it to an isolated area.
Does patio magic remove black spot?
Absolutely! All Patio Black Spot Remover and Preventer products are organic, safe to use, and completely biodegradable. It will not compromise the garden or its wildlife in any way.
Does patio Magic get rid of black spot?
To maintain your garden stonework and stop black spots returning, apply our Patio Black Spot Preventer annually. This will kill any spores before they have the chance to germinate and will also remove green algae without the need to power wash. Patio Black Spot Remover is quickly biodegradable.
How quickly does algon work?
Simply apply and walk away. Results will start to show within a few days as the applied surface begins to regain it’s natural colour. The results will last approximately 9 months to 1 year, however this does depend on the absorbency of the material being treated, its location and the weather conditions.
Does baking soda kill moss on concrete?
Baking Soda and Moss
Adding baking soda directly to the moss — it does not need to be mixed into the soil — will kill moss in yards, near trees and on harder surfaces, such as decks or patios. You can apply baking soda as a powder, or dilute it with some water to use as a spray.
Keeping this in view, how do I get rid of moss on my patio?
It is best to scrub the area with a deck brush or stiff broom before applying your bleach solution. You can then mix equal parts bleach and water in a spray bottle or larger sprayer and treat the area. Leave the bleach solution on the area for at least 15 minutes, and then scrub the area again and rinse with water.
How long does patio cleaner take to work?
This patio cleaner is very simple to use, simply spray it with a low-pressure spray or sprinkle with a watering can and leave it to get to work. Patio Magic kills green mould in 2-4 days and continues to clean exposed surfaces in the weeks to come lasting for months after the initial application.